How We Give
Phillips Charitable Foundation administers Grant Initiatives through the calendar year touching each of our funding areas. Our funding and priorities are carefully curated therefore we do not accept unsolicited grant requests. We do, however, want to get to know the good work that non-profit organizations are doing so please familiarize yourself with the information on this page. If you feel that your organizational mission aligns well with our values and areas of giving, we welcome you to introduce your organization by filling out our Contact Us form so we can learn about you.
Where We Give
We award grants to organizations for projects that are generally within the areas of Annapolis Maryland, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, and New York City.
What We Fund
Because we keep an open mind to giving opportunities, we intentionally have broad funding priorities in the following areas:
- Humanitarianism: Preserving human dignity through solution-driven endeavors to improve self-sufficiency
- Arts and Culture: Strengthening society through arts and culture
- Education: Innovative and engaging approaches to learning
Entities Eligible for Grants
- Organizations that are tax-exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code
- Organizational mission aligns with Phillips Charitable Foundations’ mission, values and granting initiatives
- Organizations that demonstrate strong fiscal and managerial health
- Grants that will be used for and benefit groups in the United States of America
What We Like to Fund
- Projects that solve problems
- Projects that educate
- Projects that alleviate suffering
- Tangible items needed in your organization that are hindering you from moving your mission forward
What We Do Not Fund
- Organizations and individuals that are not tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Food Banks, with the exception of Food Co-ops and Disaster Relief or in conjunction with a larger solution driven program.
- Political campaigns and action groups, lobbying efforts, advocacy, protests, and demonstrations
For a more detailed list of what we do not fund, please see our FAQ page.